Associated Engineering completed the design and provided construction administration services for Cell 3 East at the Halton Waste Management Site. We assembled a project team that provided the Regional Municipality of Halton with the benefits of our unparalleled understanding of the Halton Waste Management Site.
The Cell 3 East project included:
- Preliminary and detailed design of the sub-liner, re-compacted clay liner and leachate collections system. Design of permanent and semi-permanent litter fencing was completed. A design for a air/watertight manhole lid was completed and existing manhole lids were removed and replaced with the new lid.
- Preparation of a Schedule of Quantities and Construction Cost Estimate.
- Preparation of contract documentation and assisted the Region during the tendering period.
- Provided contract administration and inspection site services
- Provided innovative and cost-conscious design improvements, and kept the design philosophy of the site intact.
- Carefully reviewed all the hydrogeological data and determined landfill base elevations that achieved the design requirements.
- Developed a detailed liner testing protocol to ensure the re-compacted clay liner was constructed to meet stringent permeability requirements.