The new Canadian Tire Marine Drive site is a large multi-level commercial development featuring eight commercial retail units and an above-ground parkade, located in Vancouver, BC. Associated Engineering was retained by Canadian Tire to undertake the design and construction administration for the servicing of the site, the stormwater management, parking lot layout and off-site works on Marine Drive. The development of this site posed such design challenges as meeting City rezoning requirements, LEED Gold standards, retention of the site’s heritage status, existing infrastructure constraints, and a large off-site component including works on Marine Drive, Ontario Street and 69th Avenue. The design and construction services for this development included:
- Design development including rezoning, site grading, site servicing, and stormwater management to City of Vancouver and LEED Gold requirements.
- Detail design including civil engineering design to 100% design; coordination of civil works with consultant team; and preparation of civil drawings for Building Permit application.
- Construction procurement including preparation of tender drawings; answering contractor questions during the tendering period; and review of contractor bids for compliance of the civil works.
- Construction contract administration including review of progress payments and site inspections.
- Project management services for the off-site roadworks.
- Post-construction services including record drawings and review of final progress payment to the contractor.
The commercial development opened in 2012.